Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Just getting started!



It appears that Myron Chinn will be the first Marine to read the 7's blog. As I am affectionately known as "Cornbread" I feel compelled to share that with you all. Just a little fyi...






Today I unloaded a motorcycle in my garage that belongs to a friend of mine. It was his Dad's bike. His Dad was tragically killed, not on the bike, but by other means. My friend is really struggling with having to handle all of the estate matters. So, if anyone is looking for a good starter bike at a reasonable price give me a shout. It would really help him out. It's a 2008 Suzuki Boulevard M50 wiith only 1200 miles on it. I rode it around the block before I put it in the garage. I have to tell you it was a saddening experience. This guy was cut short in the prime of his life.






As I told my friend, some of my happiest times have been on my bike. I'm sure his Dad was able to enjoy a few miles with no worries.






As we get cranked up I just wanted to give a shout out to three people that have built some outstanding bikes. The two bikes are Streetglides (Baggers rule). The bikes belong to my boys Bryan and Damon. They are both creations using Sinister Industries components and are just pure sick!! Good job guys. The third young man to give a shout out to is my boy Trey Steele of Trey Steele's Paint Shack. This boy can flat paint! Check him out at



www. treysteelespaintshack.com. Not only can he paint, but he is just a down to earth good guy that loves his family.






So I'll leave you with a few words...






  • Time is short. Live life to its fullest...



  • Take care of the people and the relationships that really mean something to you.



  • Always tell people that you love them. Some may think that's not cool, but who cares.



  • Be intentional with those you love and care about. Take the lead to give first and don't expect anything in return.



  • Remember those that struggle. Sometimes you know what's going on and other times it's completely invisible. A kind word costs nothing to give and can make all the difference to someone.



  • Be cool, but not arrogant. A little humility can open doors to wonderful things.



On a side note:




I found that there are other motorcycle interests that carry some variation of the Lucky 7 logo. We sincerely do not want to step on anyones toes with the name of our group. Our logo is different, but we all share a love for motorcycles and the fellowship that comes with it. Peace and nothing but the best to all that carry the Lucky 7.







All the best tonight,




Cornbread (aka Big 7)




No comments:

Post a Comment