Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 24, 2010

How hot can it get???

Today I was helping Ms. B. pack prior to her leaving for the beach. We had a great day and I was happy for her, but sad that it was going to be Wednesday night before I can get down there. And boy was it hot!! So I posted a photo of the snow storm we had this year to give you some cool thoughts.

We both knew it was hot today. I just didn't realize how hot. I got back home after she left and decided to take the old Harley out for a ride and grab some dinner. I got on the road and looked at the thermometer and it was somwhere between 105 and 115! I have to tell you I was looking for the closest body of water I could find. Mr. Snowman definitely wouldn't have lasted but just a few seconds. Nevertheless, boots, jeans means no swimming anytime soon. This is making me rethink my decision to ride the bike to the beach Wednesday night.

But as all good Harley riders know... not riding it down isn't an option. If anyone has any tips for staying cool on the trip let me know. Ms. B said that the traffic coming into Myrtle Beach was bumper to bumper. It looks like I may have my work cut out for me on Wednesday.


I hope everyone is having a tremendous weekend so far. Unfortunately I will have to miss Reggae on The Lake tomorrow. It sounds like it is shaping up to be a great event. So for those of you going please stay hydrated with some water every so often in between the adult beverages . Please be careful traveling across the lake on your way home. We've already lost a few people this boating season.



As promised I am including a few photos of some of our friends bikes. This is Mr. Allen Groff's bike, which took 3rd place in the Easy Rider show this year. This bike was painted by our boy Trey Steele of Trey Steele's Paint Shack. If you are in the market make sure to check him out.

All my best to all my 7's,

Big 7

No comments:

Post a Comment