Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 22, 2010

The first Lucky 7's blog!!!







Well... where do I start? I have started a blog and how cool is that?

Our group is called the Lucky 7's. We are a Harley enthusiast group in Lexington S.C. that enjoys the road, cool bikes, good friends and great food. The 7's are a spinoff of our original group The Iron Cowboys. My road brother Big Randy got that one started, and it still is in existence today.

Big Randy was injured in a terrible accident that almost ended it. He was hit from behind by a woman that was doing 85 mph! As a result the accident left him with a shattered wrist, a fractured skull and a condition known as frontal dystonia. The muscles in the front of his neck fire all the time. Imagine a cramp in your neck that pulls your chin into your chest. It's painful for him and he has not been able to do some of the things that he always did. Randy has always been an avid Harley rider. He coerced me into buying my latest bike, a tricked out 2009 Harley Streetglide. Randy also introduced me to the love of my life, Ms. B, through motorcycles. I truly miss riding with him on a regular basis. He still rides, but not to the same degree. For me there is always an empty spot where my pal always rode.

But as the son of a former Marine Big Randy never gave up. He still seeks out a cure for the dystonia.

Of late I have started the Lucky 7's. We have partnered up with our local Harley dealership, Harley Haven in Columbia SC, for what we call Ride & Dines. Check them out! The Lucas's who own the dealership are tremendous people.

Tejay Lucas, the son of the owner, has been filling that empty slot in the formation until Big Randy makes it back. Then there will be three! We always ride together in the back of the pack to make sure everyone's ok. That's what Big Randy would do. Tejay and his wife Teresa have become dear friends to me and Ms. B. As a matter of fact Tejay built my bike. He and Teresa work together, ride together, pretty much do it all together. They are a true example of what a marriage should be. Besides...they have a pet pig named Pickles. How cool is that!

I hope to share a few stories on this blog. of the many people I have encountered as a result of riding a motorcyle. They are all tremendous and share a common bond of the road, the bike, and the friendships.

Until the next blog....
Brian (Big7)

1 comment:

  1. Brian you forgot to add buy Michelin tire for your ride LOL whats up big guy

    ReplyDelete